2.15.2012

Shopping: Sara Style.

I love shopping. It used to be for clothes or shoes. But I haven't really done that in months. Instead, whenever I get a chance to shop...I go for my home. And more often than not, I go to antique stores first.

Antique stores are amazing. I almost always score awesome finds. It just takes time and patience. It may look like junk, but you just have to look closely. I look at individual things that catch my eye.  But then I imagine it in a different environment.  Maybe grouped with same colored objects on a shelf. Or a small nook on the wall that has been empty since we moved into our home.

There is nothing like finding the cutest decoration and then seeing an amazing price. Some sellers, just want to turn a huge profit and hike up the price. I always bargain with a price. I very rarely go with the price tag when I pay. I felt silly at first. But when I got two 1960s end tables for $35 total; I never cared again. Some stores I frequent so often that I know if a product has been there awhile. I use that knowledge for bargaining too.

Here are some treasures that I have found.

 This cart was $15. I just added some cute contact paper to the shelves.

 $5 for a working thermometer.

 Books! Tons of books!

 I bought two matching orange office chairs for $5 each. (Seems like $5 is the magic number.)

 This "Nuts" tray was 50% off $5.

 This lamp was $12. I painted it "chrome" and added navy pom poms to hide some ugly trim.


Just added this family of owls. Still deciding where to hang them!