9.19.2011

"Wait. What?"

We have two big ol' windows in our family room and dining room. I lurve them quite a lot. However, it has been a challenge to find decently priced curtains for them. So...I am going to make some curtains!

Aaah!

We bought a sewing machine and everything. However, I have never sewn in my life. I was in Home Ec in middle school and we had to sew a doll/gingerbread thing. I did nothing but glue string to its head, while my friend sewed everything else for me. If I only had sewed that time, I may have started a life time love of sewing.

I literally know nothing about sewing so I am going to take some classes. My aunt happened to be in town when I got it. She tried to teach me a few basics about the machine. It is literally like learning a foreign language. And the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.  I am going to name her. I like giving names to inanimate objects.



I feel like my mantra during all of this will be: "Wait. What?". But I am excited. The next step is to pick the fabric. Oh, and get lessons. And take measurements. Wish me luck!