11.07.2011

Reading Makes the Heart Grow Fonder.

Mark and I have started a Saturday morning tradition of book shopping. We didn't mean to start it. There is a thrift store right down the street from us, St Vincent De Paul. They have quite a good selection of books. And the best part? They are 50 cents each! Or 1 dollar for hardcover. Over the past couple of months, we have found ourselves there. The best feeling is leaving with a hefty stack of classic books for under 5 dollars. We are slowly growing our library together.

I just finished reading Peace Like a River by Leif Enger.


Mark has been hounding me to read it ever since I met him. I dreaded reading it for some reason. I normally don't read books with a horse on the cover. It just screams "Boring!" to me. However, I did end up liking it. Non-fiction seems to be my go-to style to read. It was nice reading a good fiction book. It is a story of a little family in the 1960s told by the youngest son, Ruben. Their lives are turned upside when the eldest brother, Davy, kills two intruders in their house. It was very smartly written. It made me smile and laugh out loud.  It is sweet and inspirational.

Mark and I are now reading Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie.



It is free on our iPhone's. It is really charming and enchanting. We have just started it, but I know it is a book that I am going to read to my kids. I love reading with Mark. We did it when we were dating too. We always laughed at the same parts. I thought that was a good sign for us.