11.02.2011

Works in Progress.

We have a To Do list for our house that seems never ending. We are slowly, but surely, putting our house together. Here are some projects around the house that have been keeping us busy.

I made curtains! With lining! It was my first sewing project ever, and I think it went alright. It was pretty time consuming, but worth the effort!



They make a big difference in the kitchen. Much cozier in there! And the yellow matched my beloved Kitchen Aid perfectly. Even though it doesn't really look like it in this picture.

And here is a picture before we had done any work in the kitchen.


We found this mid-century table at a thrift store for $4! After many (I think 4 or 5) coats of paint and polyurethane it looks brand new. I got some new hardware and put contact paper in the drawer. It is a great addition to our sitting area in the kitchen. Now we just need a lamp.


On the other side of the seating area, I am making an end table. Here is a picture of it currently. I used a big ol' candlestick holder and a silver plate I found at some thrift stores. I am going to paint everything the same color and attach all the pieces. It will be the perfect little table for a book and a drink.


All I need in that room now is an oval coffee table and some art for over the couch. Then that room will be done-ish. We still want to do a back-splash in our kitchen and some other little touches.

I lost my charger for my camera. We just ordered a new one. So the good news is that I can soon start taking pictures on a real camera. No more iPhone pictures on here! 

Next, I am going to show a lamp that we redid for our Family Room. Also, the Dining Room. And the beginnings of a picture collage!